Sunday 13 December 2015

My Visible Mending Postcards...

I found it quiet hard to choose what to design for my entry to the Visible Mending Project.

I wanted it to relate to the project and researching diaries, but be personal to me.

I chose these two postcards, as i felt they document the Journey i have been on to get to where i am today. Also thinking about media, i wanted to add Textiles in but also make them mixed media to show my development from Textiles to Fine Art.



Now my postcards are done, I feel quiet sad that i wont get to keep them, but it's become quiet therapeutic, to make something so personal and then send it on to be seen by others, but letting go of old feelings and emotions... I also like the idea that one day i might come across them again, but in a different chapter of my life, these will be something that i can reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment